Clients in the News: Illumina
Illumina Announces Launch of the Eco(TM) Real-Time PCR System
Personal real-time PCR instrument provides high performance at a breakthrough price
SAN DIEGO, Jul 27, 2010-
Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN) announced today the Eco Real-Time PCR System, a novel platform that promises to extend the access of real-time PCR applications to the individual bench scientist. The Eco system sets new standards in performance and simplicity for qPCR, while offering unprecedented access to a wide range of applications at one-quarter of the price of other commercially available, similarly featured, real-time PCR systems.
The Eco Real-Time PCR System offers:
- True four-color multiplexing and High-Resolution Melting Analysis (HRM)
- Use of all standard Real-Time PCR chemistries, and ability to perform fast PCR using standard chemistries
- Industry leading data quality and reproducibility with well-to-well uniformity five times that of other commercially-available, far more costly Real-Time PCR systems
- A compact (approximately one cubic foot) design and 48-well plate format specifically tailored to the needs of the individual researcher
- Ease of use and installation by both experienced and novice Real-Time PCR users
- An intuitive, icon-driven software interface with smart default protocols
- Affordability -- with a US list price of $13,900, the system is accessible to individual researchers around the world
"We are excited to launch the Eco Real-Time PCR System, which we believe will set new standards for performance, simplicity and affordability," said Christian Henry, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Life Sciences. "The system will enable us to address a broad range of applications and markets and is highly complementary to our industry-leading sequencing and array platforms."
Illumina will begin shipping the Eco system in August. For more information about the Eco Real-Time PCR System, please visit http://www.ecoqpcr.com?scid=MC10.
The product was developed by Helixis, Inc., which Illumina acquired on April 30, 2010.
Illumina (http://www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in any forward-looking statements include challenges inherent in new product development and manufacturing and the other factors that are detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, or in information disclosed in public conference calls, the date and time of which are released beforehand. We undertake no obligation, and do not intend, to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release.